Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:55:11 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      Curtains!  (one way that works)

I have a GL that is converted into a pop-less camper. I've camped in every possible kinda rig including a few Splitties and even a Woodie Surf wagon. Anyhow, I had some left over curtains from out of a Dodge camper van and we were heading out to a week long road trip, using the VW truncated westy as our accommodations in route from Oregon to and during a bike race in southern Utah. I figured we'd probably need some curtains in our stay in Snow Canyon State Park near St. George..(a beautiful little campground in the red rock canyon country, but very near town) Since I was only able to get the interior installed and everything working properly throughout the rig just in time for a fairly ambitious maiden voyage, I didn't really have time to do a proper job of hanging the curtains. But I did have tons of magnets left around from another project. So, I had my S.O. sew a bunch into the seams of the hems on these old curtains from the 'Murikan van and we just stuck em up as needed, right to the inside of the 84's window 'surrounds'..I am going to keep em like that, it works so well. I just roll em up and stache em under the fold down bed when driving. Nice and neat, don't hang up on the bikes or wheels when loading, the dogs don't tear em up and they are easy to wash. Don Hanson