Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:42:47 -0800
From:         jon <jon@KENNEKE.COM>
Subject:      Re: I'll bite on the diesel---safety and getting flipped off
Comments: To: Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>

We have a 1.6NA Diesel Westy, and a 1.9NA Diesel Vanagon. I have never been flipped off due to speed (I have, however, been flipped off when I did something stupid, not related to speed).

We drive the Westy all over the place, but try to avoid freeways. But, I have never felt unsafe on freeways. We even regularly pass semis on the freeway.

We also pull over when prudent (Someone following us for "too long", and a string of cars the has built-up in a short time). We are courteous. Many time, when we pull over, we get waves (with ALL fingers, not just one:) ) and smiles from the folks goind around us.

I've thought about a sign, similar to a somewhat famous Spitty: "25HP at work, please just pass".

But, we live in Oregon, where everyone seems a bit more relaxed on the road.

Jon