Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Dec 2006 07:46:15 -0800
From:         Anthony Egeln <regnsuzanne@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: FS: OEM all RUBBER vanagon/transporter/westy front
              floormat..(one piece mat)
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

Chris, I remember this mat from the '91 pax van I bought new while stationed in Hawaii. I hope to get one at some point for my '89 syncro (which has been converted from center seat to rear-facing jumps) because it makes a lot a sense to use this floor covering in a true utility van that gets used for everything. Have you ever tried to get one from a dealer? I tried once and the parts guy said that it was a local add-on....which I don't believe is true. Thanks, Anthony '89 Syncro GL (Hidalgo)

JordanVw@AOL.COM wrote: folks, i was suprised at the response for this mat (i had like 17 people who were interested) so to be fair i had to go w/ the first person who emailed me back..(a lister in NC) if he bails out, then i'll pick the person who was next in line. i do, however, have another one of these mats...but its currently in my doka and i wont be removing it until it warms up next spring..(rubber doesnt like to be manhandled at 20º) so if your not in a hurry...then let me know.. you can have dibs on the second one.. and as always, i come across stuff all the time so i might get another one before then..

if your unfamiliar with this mat, its the full one piece rubber front floor covering that was standard in all transporters ( "transporters" meaning single and doublecab trucks) and panel vans, and some early base model aircooled vans, and in the 90-91 non-GL vanagon. its the same shape and size as your front one piece carpet section, molded or formed to fit. .

the color and texture matches that of which is on the step pad all vanagon front dogleg "steps", except the mat is rubber, not ABS plastic like the step pads are.

chris

--------------------------------- Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.