Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Dec 2006 11:08:09 -0800
From:         dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] rescue a SyncroSUNROOF from the crusher, RESCUED!!!??
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

If you want the van body (minus driveline and front subframe), you can have it for the $400 cash I paid for it. Come and get it in Hudson, NY 12534. * the rear trailing arms will still be there and I can load it on a trailer with my skidsteer or backhoe. Just bring two wheels and tires, the ones on it where run flat and the rims were destroyed.* dylan ----- Original Message ---- From: "JordanVw@AOL.COM" <JordanVw@AOL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2006 12:15:07 PM Subject: Re: [Syncro] rescue a SyncroSUNROOF from the crusher, RESCUED!!!?? In a message dated 12/17/06 10:56:57 AM Eastern Standard Time, JordanVw@AOL.COM writes: > from a source at vw i was told that less than 100 Syncro sunroof vanagons > were sold in NA in BOTH '86 and '87 combined, '87 being the last year for > the > sunroof van in North America. > > hopefully we can persuade Dylan from Parting Out this rare van! > > ive been thinking about this all morning..does it sound like i am alittle miffed at missing this? possibly.. ive never owned a syncro, and have been looking for a syncro sunroof van for years.. (go back in the archives, you can see my WTB posts years back) a few have popped up on samba, but they were too far away or too much$. (the last syncro sunroof was in Alaska) i've always wanted to own a sunroof syncro...mostly because im partial to sunroof vanagons i guess. i wasnt miffed about missing this until i heard it was a sunroof model, which are rare. but aside from my own sad story, the sadder part is that it was just bought it as a $400 source of cheap syncro parts, without regards to its rarity or weather it was a sunroof model or not. Dylan, not to jump on your case or anything - i think your a swell guy - but how can you say you "rescued" it if your just going to part it out? i really hope you save it. i make it a point to never part out vans that are rare or special models, or could easily be saved. for example, years back i drove from philly up to conneticut to pick up a $500 '83.5 van i was going to use as parts. when i got there i discovered it was a Nine passenger sunroof model.. very rare in the US. i just couldnt part it out.. i ended up selling it for $600 to listmember Tom Forhan, who owned it for years before selling it this past summer to someone else who was looking for the same model. did i make any money on the deal? no. the 100 barely covered my gas up there and towing it back w/ the dolly. but it made me feel good that i saved a rare model, and passed it on to a T3 enthusiast who would appreciate it.. i have a 89 carat here, it has a straight body, clean interior, just needs the typical headgaskets. i know many of you out there, especially you west coasters, would probably part this van out.. but i wont.. it will get fixed, or sold as-is but i dont have the heart to part out special models.. i also have a '80 westy.. very clean body, no rust, but its not currently running. same thing.. aircooled westys dont bring much money, and i know most of you west coasters would part this out as well.. but i wont. there is someone out there who would love to have a nice clean aircooled camper.. it will get sold cheap, but at least it will go to someone who will save it and keep it alive. i also have a regular 2wd '84 GL 7 pass sunroof van.. which i will sell cheap.. but i wont part it because its a sunroof.. the only vans im parting are ones that have had major collisions or severely rusted, or just the regular GL 7 pass models if theyre beat. those of you who have been here, have seen. im into this hobby for the love of vanagons... to try to preserve as many T3's as possible and to keep the ones already on the road, going.... anyway, hopefully dylan will save this van and not part it.. ok, im done .. rant off :<) go out and enjoy your sunday, it beautiful weather out here on the east coast (60º for a high today)..i feel sorry for you folks in the PNW, though.. :<) chris save the sunroofs!! __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com