Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:01:40 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Old Spotlights.....
Comments: To: Jon Kanas <kanas@QADAS.COM>

Jon,

Glad you made this post. Unity may have the answer for the lighting problem I have had on the Projekzwo fog light grille replacements I am working on. If they can provide the right size lights, then the project may take a big jump towards production.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

Jon Kanas wrote: > Good Afternoon Don, > > You can get "old-fashioned" spotlights from Unity Manufacturing > Company. I am negotiating with one of their vendors now as they still > make the exact light that I need for my 1937 Buick restoration project, > but now it has a sealed beam and I want one with the flanged bulb. > Spotlights have not changed much in 70 years as it turns out. > > The vendor can be reached at unityspotlights@aol.com (Less expensive > than ordering direct from Unity) and you can see what's available at > http://www.unityusa.com/. > > Best Regards, > Jon B Kanas > > > Longmont, Colorado; Cultural Center of the Universe > Email: kanas@qadas.com <mailto:kanas@qadas.com> > Website: http://www.qadas.com/~kanas <http://www.qadas.com/%7Ekanas> > AOL Instant Messenger ID: KanasColo > >> ------------------------------ >> >> Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:15:58 -0800 >> From: Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET> >> Subject: old style spotlights? >> >> Hi all, >> >> I've looked everywhere I can think of for a place to buy old-style = >> spotlights. The kind that go through either the roof or the >> "A-pillar" = >> just in front of the door. The kind with the handle that sticks >> through = >> to inside the van and you can twist the grip or turn the whole handle >> to = >> aim the beam. I found these really useful on previous vehicles. For = >> checking out campsites, for lighting up other vehicles, even for >> extra = >> lighting driving off road.. I still see em on emergency vehicles, >> power = >> company trucks, cop cars, etc..but I can't find them for sale = >> anywhere..I like the fact that you can aim the beam and then let go of = >> it, unlike the hand held lights that are all I see to see available. >> Anybody point me to a source (other than ebay) for new ones? >> >> Thanks, Don Hanson >> >> ------------------------------ >> >> >> >> >> > >