Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:28:36 +0000
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: tire switch, impressions.  Long.
Comments: To: Jack R <jack007@COMCAST.NET>

That tire has nowhere near adequate load rating for the Vanagon. The load index of 91 is well below the 97 OEM fitment and as a passenger car tire, it needs to be derated for the van application. Starting at only 1350 pounds it is not appropriate at all. I would go to the 225/60-16. This gets you to the 97 or 98 load index and the increase in diameter will correct the speedometer/odometer error. With a good suspension, it will make the van appear to handle like it is on rails without a harsh ride. The capacity for this size is ~1640 pounds. Note that if you need any snow of off road traction, this s not the tire. Look at Continental Extreme Contact. This is an awsome all season tire with snow capability.

Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: Jack R Date: Monday, December 18, 2006 1:12 pm Subject: Re: tire switch, impressions. Long. To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM