Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:49:38 -0500
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: fuel tank sealing

Sure i could have replaced both of the "Y"'s and the crossover tube, but my tube was fine, and i took the advice of Kim and took it a step further. Behold, the custom machined replacement part. Fits perfect, should work fine. Cost....nothing. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/phishman068/album?.dir=4d86re2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/phishman068/my_photos%3furlhint=actn,del%253as,1%253af,0

I figure...thick machined Brass is slightly stronger than 20 year old cold thin plastic right?

-Craig '85GL Sunroof

On 12/17/06, Gerald Masar <azsun99@earthlink.net> wrote: > Don't feel bad about breaking that part. It was probably already weakened or cracked. > On my '88 Westy, that part on right side was broken completely, leading to copious gas > spill on fillup :(. > The Bus Depot, VanAgain, GoWesty all have kits and may have parts separately, but if > you can afford it, might as well replace them all so you don't have to do it again for > a while. The crossover tube, which includes the 'Y' on each end, supposedly were in > short supply a while back, and the price for that part keeps going up. > Check the expansion tanks, one up in each wheel well. The grommets on top have been > known to go mushy and let in road debris which then gets into the tank. > Jerry > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "craig cowan" <phishman068@GMAIL.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2006 7:06 PM > Subject: fuel tank sealing > > > > I was dropping my tank today to install a new front parking brake > > cable. Ive noticed since buying the van a slight fuel odor and new i > > needed to reseal the gromets and various other things. While getting > > the tank out, I broke one of the white "T" things that connect the > > crossover pipe. I know I need to replace the gromets and Orings in > > addition to this, and besides the kit available by Van-Cafe, is there > > anyone else that sells a kit (or the individual parts)? I couldn't > > find them anywhere online. Is there anything else i should be doing > > while i have the tank out? > > > > -Craig > > '85GL Sunroof > > > >