Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:11:12 -0500
From:         Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dirty Fuel Filter?
Comments: To: Geza Polony <gezapolony@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

I got large items in my filter because I punched holes in the screen,in the tank.Did it with a coat hanger.There is no advantage to doing this. The large flakes are a mystery.They do not corrospond with anything that may rust in the tank.Much too large. Like something from an iorn stair rail.

I would blow the fuel outlet out with compressed air to remove any debri from the tank screen.Do this with a fuller tank than an emptier tank. Blow bubbles in the gasoline.You want the tank to drain to see if the screen is plugged. Let a pint of so drain out. Need to remove all the gas from the outlet line to see if new gas can get into the outlet,through the screen.

Finally just add a new square filter.This is about all you can do.I dont think even an old worn fuel pump will make the noise, if the suction is ok.