Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:19:24 -0800
From:         Nathaniel Poole <npoole@TELUS.NET>
Subject:      re vans

One of the great things about these vans is that you can spend $38,000 on them after which you wouldn't let anyone touch it except your local VW guru, or you can spend $2000 on a decent AC runner that you can go hog wild without worrying about what you are doing to your "investment". After fixing all the little things that no longer work, you can step back, scratch your head and decide what you really want. All I've done since September on my '80 Riviera camper is rebuild the motor, upgrade headlights, install a tach, and put in the fridge/sink cabinet from an 73 Kombi. I've made this removable so when you get to the campsite you can have a beer cooler, storage, sink and work surface outside when camping, and more room inside.

I installed a new large console between the seats and I'm going to put my inverter in there as well.

Oh, yeah, and I also painted the van in zebra stripes (that VW orange/sienna was sooo ugly).

Nathaniel