Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Dec 2006 09:40:34 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      Was Granny mobiles, now "granny motorcycles" NVC..

No van content.

Hardly-Davidsons: Now there are the ultimate Granny vehicles. Originally a ride of young rebels, social outcasts and psychos but now a favorite of stock brokers, realtors, lawyers, docs,etc. Anyone with $20k+ (baseline) to spend on 'making a statement', I spend a part of my winters down in the desert east of San Diego. We happen to be on a very popular loop frequented by Hardlys. Weekends, the flatulent 'blaaat' of those things, literally hundreds of them in line, is heard. Or 'herd'. Yah gotta love the 'individuality' of all those almost identical overweight gray-haired rich 'grown-ups' putt-putt-ing by in their "outlaw" costumes.. Many of the "Mommas" in costume, fringed designer leather duds, probably spent more on their outfits than the total worth of my Van.. Different strokes...I guess. Oh, I've asked a few of these Harley folks if they had ever tried the new-ish Harley V-rod, I think it's called..the modern version H.D., designed and engineered for Harley by Porsche...They always say something like..."That is not a real Harley, wouldn't be caught dead on one of those.." Weird.. I bet if there was a modern Van built with twice the motor and half the problems, many vanagon people would line up to get one, but not so the new style Harley.. Maybe we should all get spit window airhead- vans, buy some bell-bottoms and paisley shirts, grow long hair and mustaches and wear big gold peace symbols, gather up on weekends in huge crowds and drive around like a bunch of 'hippy Line-dancers"..We could let the Harley "outlaws" hassle us..just like the old days. . All in fun..Just observing how silly it all is, sometimes..no attack meant. (now, I gotta put on my Lance Armstrong lycra duds and pretend I am in the Tour de France for a bit..) Don Hanson (60 yr old bike racer {but not on a Schwinn} )