Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Dec 2006 12:45:44 EST
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: [vanagon] NOTICE about "REPRO jailbars" some new parts
              vendors are selling
Comments: cc: vanagon@yahoogroups.com

what i find kinda sad is, there is no mention at all in the on the new parts vendor(s) websites that these are not actual vanagon jailbars, nor close to the correct design either... they are just repro '79 down bus jailbars modified to fit the vanagon.

its not like a brake caliper, or a alternator, where there were a few different manucaterers and a million different re-manufacturers and who cares if their shape is slightly different, as long as they function.. the jailbars are a hard to find decorative accessory.. not crucial to you van.. they are a conversation piece. so whats the sense of taking something from another vehicle, just because "it works" and trying to pass it off as the real thing?

its like, "Hey, look at my cool Just Kamper repro jailbars that were really made for a bus but if you bend a few parts this way and tweak a few that way, they fit the vanagon too" LOL

kinda like Cubic Zirconium vs a real diamond. or a color xerox copy of the Mona Lisa hanging on your wall in a 4.99 wal-mart frame. .. whats the sense?

if anyone wants the REAL DEAL...correct factory german made jailbars for the 80-91 vanagon..highly polished aluminum . . i have 2 pairs of them.. $75 each. i'd sure as hell would pay $15 more for originality..

chris