Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Dec 2006 16:33:58 -0500
From:         Sudhir Desai <sudhir.desai@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil Pressure = 0
Comments: To: Allen Hill <route66rider@knology.net>

there should be a file on the etka cd that describes how to get around the hardlock. I THINK you have to copy a file to the etka directory or run hardlock.exe . I don't remember offhand. Sudhir

On 12/23/06, Allen Hill <route66rider@knology.net> wrote: > Greetings All, > I am back at it again. I managed to check my daughter's 86 Vanagon with the > no oil pressure this morning. It now has oil pressure, but it also has a > major leak at or around the oil filter adapter. I assume there is some type > of gaskets or o-ring on this, but have not yet pulled it off to verify. Can > anyone confirm the gasket/o-ring? > > Also, I did manage to find the "ETKA 6.3 and download same to my computer > HD, and complete the install process. However, I am unable to run same due > to a "Hard lock: error 14" that appears. The op/sys I use is Win XP on this > box, so I was wondering if anyone could give me any clues on this also. > > Brain dead also on where the link to search the archives on vanagon.com went > to. > > Thanks again to all who may be out there today and a very merry Christmas to > all! > > Route 66 Rider! > Ramon Hill > Live Long and Be Free > ================================ > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of > Allen Hill > Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:15 AM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Oil Pressure = 0 > > Greetings All, > > My daughter announced that the oil pressure light (86 Vanagon - AKA: The > Mystery Machine) was on this morning and would not go off. I know there are > two senders for this, one for high and another low pressure. What I would > like to know is where they are and which one would be easiest to get to in > order to attach a temp oil pressure gauge for test and check purposes. I > started the motor and the lifters do not rattle, so I am hoping that it may > be just a gauge or sending unit issue. > > Can some one point me in the correct direction on this? > > > > Route 66 Rider! > Ramon Hill > Live Long and Be Free >