Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Dec 2006 06:50:30 -0800
From:         TC <trclark@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: 85gl acceleration Flat spot untill warmed up

FYI -So this was a werid one I spent sat morning testing the afm, tps that all looked within spec no traces showing the resitor board right resistance but I did see that 1 of the pins of the 4 pin afm connector did not seem to fit as well as the other 3 so I adjused that sam on the ecu built but no reral smoking gun then had a look for corroded wires found some in that high voltage box on the left side of the fire wall engine was warm by this time so I could test if any ot the tweeks fixed any thing So I took it out for run it seem to be ruuning ok then few miles down the road flat spot when warm then some hestitation the dead but no dash light come on ... but I am DOA and there is a distinct electrical burning smell I pull over & shut it off

pop the engine hatch & heavy plastic burning smell Then I see it the left rear driver side fuel injector has melted down the harness was fused to the injector and the heat from the short ran up a few inched past the rubber boot after i get the harness off it looks like the short started inside the injector one of the coppper spades does exist and the side is charred black .... These injectors were cleaned at cruzperformance back in Feb 06 so I pretty sure the there was no corrosion on the electrical spade connectors on the injectors but I cant rule that out maybe the boot has been allowing water in

and maybe when I fixed the corrostion on the big 10G voltage lines in the high voltage box this allowed proper current to flow in this circuit dunno I am grasping at straws

has anybody ever seen an internal short on a fuel injectors I assume there is circuitry inside the injector?

----- Original Message ----- From: "TC" <trclark@SHAW.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 3:57 PM Subject: 85gl acceleration Flat spot untill warmed up