Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Dec 2006 08:27:11 -0800
From:         Mike Miller <mwmiller@CWNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: The Countdown
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

Once upon a time I was hitching around Europe and got a job at an Air Force {US] radar site. Came Christmas eve and I was in the tracking room and watched them track Santa Claus from the North Pole. Listened to the intercept orders, watch the various duty fighters take off, get vectored in and call back "Visual ID'd 'Friend'. All is well".

One of the highlights of my life.

We [Site I, Wasserkuppe] were on high alert at the time as Kennedy had been assassinated the month before.

Merry Christmas to All.

Mike