Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Dec 2006 12:04:07 -0500
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Improvements to Vanagon crash safety? Maybe time for aEurovan
              camper?

Jeff S. and I had a bit of a P-Mail conversation about the Element the other day. I really like them and could I afford a car payment right now I'd buy one in a heart beat. Are they a Vanagon? No - but they are the closest thing I know of to having any kind of utility at all. They seem well done, ride pretty good, and although looks aren't everything - are very unique. I personally feel that you can't beat the price either. i had priced them and even loading it up with options I don't need had a hard time breaking $25k. Not bad for a new vehicle. Also, if they hold true to what I (think) I know about Hondas they should retain their resale value as well. Again - not a Vanagon but a pretty cool little "truck thing". I would love to have a nice combo of a good Vanagon and an Element in my driveway.

P.S. - contrary to popular belief, you cannot hose them out - although they are manufacture with a very high grub resistance factor. Rubber floors, stain resistant seats, etc.

On 12/22/06, Jeff Stewart <fonman4277@earthlink.net> wrote: > > Driving a Honda element now as my > daily driver. > > > Interesting, second time this week the Element has been mentioned here. I > have one, too, a 2004 EX. For a while I was on an Element list, and I > found > quite a few Element owners were either current or ex Bus owners. Some have > even referred to it a modern day VW Bus, although I wouldn't make that > comparison. The Honda sales brochure for 2004 showed a bunch of 20 > somethings loading mountain bikes, surf boards, etc. into it, and one > photo > of a guy camping in his. It is roomy, but it ain't no bus. Honda missed > it's target market with the Element though, I think the average age of > Element owners is around 45. Right after I bought mine, we saw so many > gray > haired little old ladies driving them that my wife and daughter started > calling it the "Gammy car" Jeff > Jeff Stewart > fonman4277@earthlink.net > http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/vwcampersmidatlantic/ >

-- Thanks,

Jeff 90' Carat (It's Blue, It's Beautiful, It needs a lot of work) 86' (Soon to be donating organs to the 90') 85' GL (sidelined but to be resurrected in the near future)