Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:55:41 -0500
From:         Jack R <jack007@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Vanagon List and Outlook Rules

I have been a member of this list now for over a month, and have enjoyed the "Countless" tips, threads and bits of information received.

What a great group of Volks!

As we all know how many e-mails we receive, I wanted to share a tip to those who have and use "Microsoft Outlook". If you haven't done so already, you may want to set up a separate folder for e-mails from this list. I setup a folder called "!Vanagon List" using the "!" in the first position to place this on the top of my Personal Folders.

Next, I used the "Tools, Rules and Alerts" feature to set up an "Outlook Rule" so all e-mails coming from the list are sent to that folder. Any e-mail received directly from the list ends up there with a count of unread e-mails. (Note all Private e-mails still end up in my regular inbox). By doing this, you can use the "find" feature" to quickly locate e-mails with topics that apply to your current opportunities.

Here is a link for specific directions to set this up yourself, if you are using "Microsoft Outlook".

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=415

Jack R.

84 Westy - N. of Detroit (owned since 87) recently had a 2.1L (91 Synco Motor) installed.

This is the style referred to as a Wolfy. I have 175k on the body, and just over 40k on the motor.