Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:28:45 -0800
From:         courtney hook <courtneyhook@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: "Granny Cars" (Element, Scion, etc)

Actually around here, they seem to do the same, but I think it's the "cool" factor, cause they usually have a bike rack on the back with the obligatory "Crunch Hardtack" signature mountain bike on it. Bikes always look new, as does the paint on the jeep, but hey, they look like they're hardcore. :-) As for the Scion, it's actually a smart vehicle, packs a ton of stuff, and gets good gas mileage. We don't have them 'new' up here in Canada, but used ones are starting to show up as they get imported by individuals. They look like a good people hauler and Home Depot-mobile. On the other hand, my 77 Westy has hauled home 3 garbage cans full of 2" drain rock without flinching. Wonder what that weighed? It was wet too. Courtney

----- Original Message ----- From: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM> Date: Friday, December 22, 2006 9:38 am Subject: Re: "Granny Cars" (Element, Scion, etc)