Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Dec 2006 17:49:58 -0800
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: valve body pictures- This is different from the Bentley
Comments: To: Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@yahoo.com>

Roger -

I ran this number yesterday by my contact at VOA. It is what I suspected - a casting/component number when assembled with other component VW numbers not normally available separately into the finally assembly as I reported yesterday. The norder of supersession was in this manner to the final assembly:

090 325 032 A (Trans # NH 01102 [Oct 10 1982) to end of 1985 production, Code "BH" confirmed on 1983, 1985, 1988 & 1989 dated VAG Fiche. THEN SUPERSEDED TO: 090 325 037 B, Code FFB, For both NH (1.9) and NK (2.1) applications.

One other thing my contact mentioned. This valve body casting # was also used on 010 Transmissions installed on Audi 5000 models (with different valving of course). When installed in the 5000, the 010 had a horrible service life and miserable performance, based on confidential reports he had access to. . Just for giggles, what is the point or purpose of this examination of Vanagon automatics and their valve bodies? Gonna modify for high performance, ala slip-n-slide Powerglides for the dragstrip? -- Jim Thompson 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 73 K Ghia Coupe "Denise" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com *Have a Happy & SAFE Holiday* ********************************** On 12/27/06, Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@yahoo.com> wrote: > > Maybe sombody can run this number 010-325-105 AA. Just dosent look like > any other valve body in the Bentley, for Vanagons.