Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Dec 2006 00:41:16 -0600
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: "C"-Clip
Comments: To: Ron Mueller <wasserbox@MSN.COM>

Yeah, Ace is the place, but so would Home Depot or Lowes or Hardware Hank or any old timey hardware store.

These things definitely qualify as "Jesus" clips. That is to say when you are installing or removing one and it goes"boing", well the first word out of your mouth is "Jesus.....". I guess the "C" stands for the second word out of your mouth.

DM&FS

At 11:23 PM 12/27/2006, Ron Mueller wrote:

>Ace Hardware will have the proper C-clip selection. >Ron > > >----- Original Message ----- >From: "Chris Snyder" <Ccsvanagon@WMCONNECT.COM> >To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> >Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:53 PM >Subject: "C"-Clip > > > > Hey, everyone. Hope everybody got what was on their "Wish list". > > > > Does anyone have an extra "C"-clip for the speedometer cable where it is > > driven from the Driver's front wheel? I repacked the front wheel bearings > > and > > didn't see one but now when I drive my 1987 Wolfburg I don't know how fast > > I'm > > going. It is an automatic trannie. > > > > I used a bread wrapper tie to wrap around the Speedo cable and it seems to > > be > > doing the job so far. > > > > Anyone know the size or how I can buy one?? I would gladly pay for one if > > they have an extra. > > > > Thanks in advance, > > > > Chris > > > > S. > > > > > >-- >No virus found in this incoming message. >Checked by AVG Free Edition. >Version: 7.1.409 / Virus Database: 268.15.27/602 - Release Date: 12/25/2006

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.409 / Virus Database: 268.15.27/602 - Release Date: 12/25/2006