Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sun, 31 Dec 2006 18:36:31 -0800
From:   Nathaniel Poole <npoole@TELUS.NET>
Subject:   I feel like the professor from Gilligan's Island.

As an aside I found one section where water had gotten into the panel sometime in the past, you could see the dried water marks. It's in the quarter panel under where the sliding mechanism is for the side door, where the mechanism is covered by the flap of tin along the side of the van. Have to check this out more, it could be a window seal.

I've decide to make my acoustic goop out of cellulose fibre in the form of insulation - the kind that is blown into attics. Mix this up with acrylic paint and you will be able to trowel it on. This cellulose isn't as fine as I would like, so the result won't be as solid, but I think it'll still work as a dampening material. The insulation is very inexpensive and I want to find something the people might be able to use for the lowest cost. You can buy a 5-gal tub of mistint paint for almost nothing.

Wish I had asked for a toy drum set for xmas to experiment with :) My son still hasn't gotten me my Ah-OO-gah horn yet (they were sold out).

Nathaniel

And what was up with that professor guy anyway? He could make a two-way radio out of vines, bobby pins and coconuts but couldn't fix a hole in a boat?