Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Jan 2007 18:25:08 -0600
From:         Allen Hill <route66rider@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: women and standard gearbox
Comments: To: Donna Skarloken <dskarloken@GMAIL.COM>

OK, so what is the big deal here? What is the issue with parking in gear? For the last 45 years I have driven (and flown) all makes & models of planes, trucks, cars, motorcycles, and yes farm tractors. The only thing I didn't leave in gear was my Cessna! Other than that we always left our vehicles parked in gear with no known ill effects. Generally speaking, if you left a farm tractor sitting around NOT in gear it was possible that it would roll off somewhere. I always felt that the same was likely to happen leaving a standard transmission vehicle out of gear (in neutral). When you get in (or on) the vehicle, push in the brake, then the clutch, take the trans out of gear & start. A, B, C & D - as simple as that. Just my 2 cents worth, until someone enlightens me as to why.

Route 66 Rider! Ramon Hill Live Long and Be Free ======================================