Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Jan 2007 07:16:18 -0500
From:         Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: HID H4 Bulb question

Hi Jac,

As most people have already chimed in and said, you need to go with a relay kit. The stock setup has enough trouble with standard bulbs, let alone something higher wattage.

As for HID H4 Bulbs, I have been looking at Xenon bulbs from: http://www.rallylights.com/hella/H4.asp

But I have a relay kit installed (got it here): http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/hdltrela.htm

Chris

On 1/1/07, Jack R <jack007@comcast.net> wrote: > I have the Hella H4 Headlights in my 84 Vanagon, at one point I put in > 90w/100w bulbs, which contributed to a meltdown of my fuse panel. > > Now that there is newer technology, I am in need of advise on the best H4 > replacement bulb to use (like a 8500K HID BLUE)? I don't want to go into a > "conversion" or major upgrade, just want to pick the best bulb. > > > > Any suggestions greatly appreciated! > > > > Thanks, > > > > Jack >