Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Jan 2007 16:08:33 -0800
From:         jon <jon@KENNEKE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Baffled
Comments: To: Zoltan <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>

I'll offer my somewhat experienced help on this:

First, simply unplug the O2 sensor, and go for a drive. If that makes a difference, check the wiring and the sensor itself.

Then, I'd start to blame the AFM. There is actually a temp sensor in the AFM. You can check it out by measuring between pins 1 and 4 in the AFM. Depending on temp, it should be 1000 to 2000 ohms. There is a graph in Bentley. Could also be some strange thing with a worn AFM wiper and temperature.

For all sorts of AFM pics, see my page at: http://www.kenneke.com/vwfi

After that, I'd make sure all your grounds are good. Bad grounds can cause all sorts of wierdness.

Finally, check the ECU. I really don't think that is it, but it's happened before. Swap with a known good one.

It really doesn't sound like any type of fuel issue. I supposed it could be a bad injector that starts working when it gets warmed up.

Jon