Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Jan 2007 21:19:51 -0500
From:         "Peter T. Owsianowski" <pnoceanwesty@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      3rd Annual Buses by the Beach Bus BRR!! Feb 10-11th at Pokagon
              State Park!
Comments: To: Type2 <type2@type2.com>

Happy New Year Bus Volk!

It's time to start the official countdown to the 3rd annual Buses by the Beach Bus BRR at beautiful Pokagon State Park (www.in.gov/dnr/*park*lake/* park*s/*pokagon*.html <http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/parks/pokagon.html>) in Angola, Indiana! Go to the Buses by the Beach website ( www.busesbythebeach.com) and click on "Events" to see the 2007 Bus BRR flyer and cool pics from previous years.

The fun starts this year at around 1:00 pm on Saturday, February 10th. We will have a big pile of firewood (please don't bring your own – Emerald Ash Borer problems!) and start the crock pot chili (electric hook ups on each campsite) when the buses are leveled, tops are popped and heaters are started. Then, it's off to the wild toboggan run for some 35-40 mph runs on the refrigerated tracks. Back to campsite later on for all different kinds of chili, music and great bus talk around the big fire. Make sure to include the fantastic brunch at the rustic Potawatomie Inn on your calendar for the next day, Sunday February 11th, before hitting the road.

The famous and fashionable Buses by the Beach Bus BRR hoodies will be available again for sale. All proceeds once again benefit the Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors. (www.*phoenix*-*society*.org<http://www.phoenix-society.org/>) Last year, the snow started about 2:00 pm and continued until about 10:00 at night. As we stood around the campfire catching up with old bus friends and making new ones, the clouds cleared out and the almost full moon sparkled on the new snow. It was a great sight to walk up the hill and see all the cool buses huddled together in the moonlight and happy bus volk around the fire. Most campers lined their poptops with Mylar sheets before bed and ran small electric heaters or kept the top down. We were toasty warm despite the 24 degree low that night. Brilliant sunshine greeted us the next morning as everyone contributed something to a community breakfast around the fire.

Please feel free to email me with any questions or call my cell phone at (574) 286-0848. I'll follow up with a post soon with camping and toboggan costs. Can't wait to see you there!

Pete '79 Westy "Aardvark" '87 Westy "Joe's Van" '02 Audi A6 Avant WWW. Busesbythebeach.com