Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:53:32 -0800
From:         Michael Diehr <md03@XOCHI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fridge more sensitive to low pressure than cooktop?

Update 2 -- To recap, my fridge has been working poorly -- visible red/yellow portion of the flame in the viewing glass, not cooling much, and flame going out sometimes. I pulled it out, cleaned out the combustion chamber, and found some gunk in the propane jet nozzle thingy. After reinstalling, the fridge seems to run better, and the flame is now a consistent blue. However, the flame would keep going out at night when it was cold. Also, the stove burners tend to also go out when set on low.

Since my van had a new regulator (Marshal 290?) a few years ago, I think the data points to low LPG pressure.

I adjusted the regulator to give higher pressure, and things seems to have improved -- the stove burners don't blow out easily when on low, and the fridge stayed lit for hours.

However, again last night, the fridge flame went out. Temperature was in the low 40s again.

Question -- I'm nearly to the end of the adjustment range on the LPG regulator, so I don't think I can get much more pressure. Is there any way on the Dometic to turn up the overall flame level? Basically, it seems that what is happening is that High is more like Low, and Low is more like OFF -- so that at night it's just going out altogether when everything gets cold.