Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:43:49 -0800
From:         neil <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Idle Stabilizer Control Unit Reverse Engineering
Comments: To: ------------- <VW4X4@verizon.net>

Though my knowledge is limited to distant memories of RS kits, shortwave dialing, and tube radio butchery, this thread is interesting. And I'm impressed at how almost anything can be modified, rebuilt or both in order to save our bricks from becoming distant memories (much like the knowledge of caps and the like are in my head!)

A question though. And I apologize in advance if this has been answered in archives though I didn't find it.

Which is more reliable? The CIS or Digifant fuel injection system?

This will wheigh in if I make a Jettagon out of my Westy.

Keep on keepin' on dudes!

-- Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia.

http://web.mac.com/tubaneil

On 1/8/07, ------------- <VW4X4@verizon.net> wrote: > There are a few other issues. There is a mode that increases the idle > to a pre-determined > amount to anticipate the extra load of the AC, and I bet the PS pump > load is also involved. > Also my guess is this circuit is turned off once the idle switch is > tripped, but not at full throttle. > Once all these factors are taken into consideration, you end up with the > brainy looking > think that VW made. Hopefully some has the time to engineer this thing. > THe VW digifant Jetta 88-92 has this built into the > ECU, and these are > plentifull, and cheap. I'm tempted to try this injection on a water boxer.