Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:08:27 -0500
From:         Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Canadian taxes

Most banks won't take foreign coins - only paper money. It's different three miles from the border! I'm sure your local bank won't take pence or euro cents for exchange.

Joy

:::-----Original Message----- :::From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM] On Behalf :::Of Mike Collum :::Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 12:21 PM :::To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM :::Subject: Re: Canadian taxes ::: :::That's strange. ::: :::When I was in Hawaii (I know ... different place) Banks would exchange :::currency from any country. Here in Houlton, Maine (3 miles from the :::Canadian border) stores will accept US or Canadian money at the cash :::register. ::: :::Mike ::: ::: ::: :::Mike Miller wrote: :::> How about a bunch of change? Somebody here, California, threw it away. :::Can't :::> use it and can't change it into US. :::> :::> Mike :::> :::> :::> On 1/11/07 4:52 AM, "Christopher Gronski" <gronski@GMAIL.COM> wrote: :::> :::>> Robert, and any other Americans finding difficulty giving away :::>> Canadian Money, feel free to give it to me so I can support my Vanagon :::>> habit while I'm in school. I will not even charge a service charge! :::>> :::>> Chris :::>> :::>