Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:16:11 -0800
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: RPM?MPH
Comments: To: Mike Stainbrook <mike90260@peoplepc.com>

I'm sure Dennis will answer your question himself but let me add these comments. First, this is a subject that has more in the archives than any other. Second, go to roadhaus.com and follow the link on tire reviews, lots of info there. Third, if you bought those tires new from a dealer I would like to know the dealer so I don't try to do business with them. Go professional shops like Discount/Americas Tires won't sell you or mount passenger car tires on a Vanagon. And last, I take my '90 Westy to a local VW dealer for wheel alignment. Happens to be one of the few dealers around anywhere that has both a competent and fair service department. Each time (twice) I've gone in for alignment, the first thing the service writer does is go out and check to see what tires I'm running. I asked what they would do if I were running the wrong type or size tires, he said "We wouldn't touch the alignment and would advise you to get safe tires". There are many on this list that do or have run P tires and say they are fine. YMMV