Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Jan 2007 09:42:39 -0700
From:         honemastert <honemastert@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2.1 Wasserboxer

I have the GW 2.4 (2399cc) in my 90 Syncro. 25K miles still running just fine.

If you're in Cali. I'd just get the van there and have them do it for you.

4 years 48K miles. What other engine builder stands behind their work with that kind of warranty?

On our last trip from Phx to the Sierras, swung by there and had some other work (maint stuff) done. They checked everything out with the engine 'gratis' while there.

The injectors they use flow higher than the stock ones, otherwise the engine air/fuel mixture is too lean.

Lucas there has an engineering background (MSME) and used to work for FMC corp (building/designing military vehicles)

He's been a long time bus/vanagon fan... they field test these engines/designs are are always looking for ways to improve them. Many of the 'wrenches' there drive vanagons, these folks are passionate about these things, like we are.

YMMV.. just posting as a satisfied customer. (having to pay sales tax does suck though.. ) being in AZ I only was dinged (sales tax) on the labor. They aint cheap however.

hope this helps,

-tim

90 Syncro Westy Mesa/Gilbert, AZ