Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Jan 2007 08:54:52 -0800
From:         Rajesh Injety <wolfvanagon@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Great Wiper Blades

Hi Ya everyone... I know this post is a little old by now, sorry. I have tried the bosch wiper that are similar to this valeo model, and i have had a couple of problems. Depending on the design differences of the valeo wiper one will never run into the problems i did. The bosch icon wiper is great. I really like them on my girlfriends A4, and on my passenger side wiper. On the drivers of the van the spray nozzel fires directly at the mounting bracket. I tried to adjust the the spray nozzel and the end effect was that it sprayed to high on the window to be useful. So, i only got windsheild washer fluid on the window while the wiper was almost all the way through it up movement... The other issue is the fact that the wipers little areo wing deflected to much wind when it was all the way up. Thus when the wiper returned back to the down postion it drag water halfway through its movement, and across my the viewing field. So now i have a bosch micro edge on the driver side and a bosch icon on the passenger side. It probably looks a little funny, but works really great!!

Raj 88 Wolfsburg Ed. Vanagon GL---Gretchen

Jack R <jack007@COMCAST.NET> wrote: I put a set of these on my 84 Westy last month, and couldn't be happier!!!

Tirerack has buy one get one free.

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/valeo/ultimate.jsp

The Valeo Ultimate Wiper Blade, selected as standard equipment by many OEMs worldwide, combines an aerodynamic, low profile with more than 1,500 continuous contact points for improved performance compared to standard or conventional wiper blades. Designed for all-weather/winter use, there are no frame joints or other components that could freeze or become clogged with ice or snow limiting foul weather performance.

When you use the Valeo Ultimate Wiper Blade you can expect:

.

All-weather/winter design offers resistance to cold weather conditions, no icing (metal parts perform better over the plastic parts used in other wiper blade designs)

.

High quality performance at all speeds, in all conditions

.

Revolutionary aerodynamic design with reduced vibration and judder

.

Enhanced aero-acoustics for low wind noise

.

User-friendly lock/unlock provided by unique blade attachment

.

Ultra flat blade for improved driver visibility

To create uniform wiping pressure across the entire length of the blade for optimal windshield contact, Valeo's Research and Development Center developed breakthrough Flat Blade Technology. This technology results in a very efficient, ultra-flat wiper blade. An integrated, wind lift spoiler combines with the blade's aerodynamic low profile to help it maintain contact with the windshield to improve visibility, even at higher speeds. In fact, Valeo's European test center speed rated the blades to more than 140 mph.

The Valeo Ultimate Wiper Blade also utilizes Tec-3 Technology:

.

Rubber wiping element combines synthetic and natural rubber with a patented, bonded protective coating

.

Synthetic rubber upper body provides resistance to permanent set deformity in high temperatures and a superior wipe in all temperatures

.

Natural rubber wiping edge provides improved wiping quality and is flexible in cold conditions

.

Protective coating reduces chatter and squeaking noise during the life of the blade and makes them last longer than standard blades

The Valeo Ultimate Wiper Blade is designed to fit most vehicles and its user-friendly design helps to ensure quick and easy installation.

--------------------------------- We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love (and love to hate): Yahoo! TV's Guilty Pleasures list.