Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:15:04 -0800
From:         Keith Ovregaard <kovregaard@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: blatant plea for sympathy (LVC!)

Ok, Joy, stop hogging the sympathy! My poor neglected westy has been sitting in the driveway for 5 days waiting for me to recover from what may be walking pneumonia. Just walking up the driveway from the mailbox gets me winded and feeling like an old geezer! Fifty is too young for geezerdom status! Sheesh, I was running 4-5 miles several times a week prior to this! Not only that, a good friend of almost 30 years just died of a cancerous brain tumor. The last photo I have of her is one that her hubby shot of the 2 of us in front of the VikingWagen in San Francisco just after her 3rd brain surgery. Other than that, life is fine, Oh yeah, I forgot about the divorce and my aging parent issues (mom has Alzheimer's or some kind of dementia, but she won't see a doctor).

I don't mean to one-up you Joy, really. And I don't want to sound like I am complaining either. Life could be worse! I have many good friends, a wonderful 16 year old daughter who just dropped by with some cough medicine and food, a nice roof over my head, a heater that works, the sun is shining strong today and there are a bunch of very cool people out there all over the world who share more than just a passion for their old busses. It's nice to be a part of this group of fine people.

Keith O. 90 Westy Syncro "VikingWagen" Past VeeDubs in the family 1984 Westy "Brownie" 1980 PU diesel 1979 Rabbit 1963? 23 window Splitty 1965 Bus 1969 Bus 1959 Bug