Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:37:17 -0500
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Boston Bob engines - Use caution
Comments: To: donalds1@VERIZON.NET

I felt i should have staid away from this one... but i will not!

First, i don't like when you guys bring your problemes to the list, that also include vendor bashing. We have so fews good place to buy our stuff and get some engine, i think all of them are working hard to do so. (i buy a lot from GoWesty, Van-Cafe, Cip1 and Bus depot and the make some errors... i don't report them here!!!!!!!)

I have been working like a dog on Vanagon for now... 2.5 years, full time, almost 7 days a week, i have re-seal, semi rebuilt and fully rebuilt over 80 engines, i even installed engine from other company. And one thing that you all forget, the long block is PART on an "engine", FI and anverything around is as important. So Bob rebuilt engine, but he has to live with the fact that he does't install them most of the time, and of course, he doesn't drive the van for "beak-in". Breaking up bearing, pistons and ring is a delicate step.

Many of you, and local folks ask me why i sandblast, clean, seal, replace every parts around the engine... http://www.benplace.com/85westy/taupe51.jpg it's simply to make sure that this engine WILL have every chance it need. I had NO comeback from ANY customers in that time period, but even with all the precision and care putting those engine together, i feel lucky...

Believe me, i have seen more "shitty" installation job in the shop that i have seen good one.

But i now know YOU, the customer! that always says - that to expensive - do i really need that - just put the minimum.... well, those cutomers... they will go back out of the shop with the engine in the CARGO bay...

I have read all the thread and i have to say that all reply were very intelligent and logic.

Ben http://www.benplace.com/vw2.htm