Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:15:02 -0500
From:         Ben <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Boston Bob engines - Use caution
Comments: To: Zoltan <zolo@foxinternet.net>

In general, i fully agree! If Bob (in that perticular case) didn't reply to his e-mail (OR PHONE CALL I HOPE), that IS a problem from the vendor! Of course mistake can also happen wile building an engine, but i'm sure that he would respect the warranty, why would he not? he perfectly knows that internet is as good as it can be bad for a Business... i should know, 80% of my customers come from the virtual world, so, that imply that i often have a look at local forum and mailling list.

I would like to know who paid for Roadhaus AVP engine problem (head crack) after he got back home from his trip, of course not me because i didn't get a penny (lol), but how about the mechanic who had to re-open the engine to put new heads.... who paid for the heads, who paid for labor! In that case i have installed an engine with reman VW heads, a crack occur a few 1000 miles after, i think that AVP covered the heads... but, Lar did know that he was putting a rebuilt with reman VW heads! that was A risk.

So in that case also, we have a engine rebuilder (AVP i think), a FREE installer (me in that case) (lol again) and another mechanic who had to do the job again... even if i had charge Larry (i wish, he he), would i be the one responsible ? why the head crack occur? was larry driving to hard, to fast, did he have a coolant problem that we don't know about? who is right and who is wrong!!! i'm sure that Lar paid some money to that mechanic.... or someone paid! We all agree that after a year or so many miles, the installer is not the one... is it the customer who chose the wrong product? Lar could tell you a lot bout that, he had somany engine problem, the 2.2L rebuilder went out of business... he paid, he paid and he paid.... BUT, after that the conclusion was, any other similar vehicle would have cost way more than the total he spent in all his trip!!!!!

We want to drive Vanagons... we should assume all consequences! someone posted about getting a good local rebuiler an installer on the original post on the 2.1, i think i agree. Even if I would put a BB engine in my van anytime.

Company like Vanaru and Bostig are looking for installer, the have good warranty, i'm ready to install for them, if the engine breaks after 8 months and they go out of business... who will be responsible, the installer or the conversion company?

I love Vanagon, i'm building one for me as we speak... everything mechanical is being replace from the front bumper to the rear..... why, because i know those vans, and i know that they are 20 year old, and they are a VW.... but my customers, they care more about mag wheels and gadjet than the mechanical side of the van...

Believe me, i wish well to Bob and Dan, i'm sure they will fix that issue, but i know customers... ho yes, i know them to much!

Best regards, Ben