Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:32:01 -0800
From:         Pensioner <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Age of listees -- Born too late

>>> From: Garrett Adams <gmfadams@COMCAST.NET> Subject: Re: Age of listees

My new 59 Beatle sunroof was $1,695. After adding some accessories plus tax and license it came to around $1,950. At the time I was torn between buying the Beatle or a new 1959 Morgan roadster which was a $1,000 more. Today I'd love to have the latter in immaculate condition for $3,000! <<<

I learned to drive a 'stick' in my dads 51 Splitwindow. After nursing a flat fender 1941 Willys GP through most of highschool, my first boxer motor was in a beautiful shiny black 1960 Bug as a highschool graduation present. my only new car ever. The bug was destroyed by an inebriated local with a serious reading disablilty in Edmonton Alberta. I migrated temporarily to a Fiat 600D with an Abarth 750 motor. Then off to a series of green monsters at taxpayer expense. M41,M37,M113,M116,M88,M60A1,155SP,175SP,AH-1 and some others.

Upon returning from Ft. Greely, USARAL, and heading back to school, 1968 Westie Hardtop, then a long dry spell before 1989 SinghCrow westie (Ruby the red brick, RIP)(featured in Larry's first calendar doing a high-speed ford) and 1989 Syncro Westie SVX (Bessie the charolais camper) Locally referred to my my mailman as 'current resident'.

Boxer motors in 1964 R60, 1976 R100RS, 1977 R100RS, 1981 R100RS.

Unfortunately, Garrett, that Mog would have long been scuttled by termites. I passed a 1956 Carrera Speedster because it was just over budget (2100US) at the time. Used car lot on West Alabama, Houston.

Alas born to late to claim the prize. Deferance to John and perhaps Unca Joel who claims to be not as old as Charlie 'older than dirt' Soresby at LANL but clearly catching up.

But remember, birthdays are good for you, the more you have the longer you live.