Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:43:38 -0500
From:         Sudhir Desai <sudhir.desai@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Anyone running - Audi 5000 quatro turbo 6-spoke rims (ET-45)
Comments: To: JordanVw@aol.com

off-topic, but... I just want some 23spoke(or however many spokes it actually has) OZRacing wheels :D forget OEM+ :P Sudhir

On 1/21/07, JordanVw@aol.com <JordanVw@aol.com> wrote: > In a message dated 1/21/07 9:25:11 AM Eastern Standard Time, > macdonald1987@SBCGLOBAL.NET writes: > > > > Yes, I am running these wheels at all four corners on my 2WD. I also > > spacered the rear, (because of the size of tires I wanted to run), which did indeed > > require longer studs. The only studs that I could find that were long enough > > did not fit through the holes in the hub, so I had to drill them out to the > > correct size for the studs I got. THAT part of the job you may be able to > > avoid, if you find studs that are a better match. Porsche parts are reported to > > be this way. > > > > To get the center caps to fit on the rear wheels, I first removed the > > steel snap ring in the center of the cap. Then, I trimmed off two opposing ears, > > to clear the cotter pin. Depending on how thick your shims are, how thick > > your hub is, and how the axle nut is shaped, you may also need to thin the top > > outer edge of the axle nut slightly, for clearance. I was worried that the > > centers would pop out too easily, and be lost, but they have remained in place > > for more than 4 years now, modified in this way. > > > > Since mine is 2WD, I would have to cut all of the ears off the back of the > > covers for the fronts, and use silicone around the edge to hold them on. I > > have not done this yet, because I have not been brave enough! I even have a > > spare center, in case I should lose one. This leaves my beast looking kind of > > unfinished... > > > > dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > > I test fit a set of these rims on an 87 Syncro according to the > > Vanagon.com info page and was wondering if anyone was able to get the center cap on the > > rear wheels? Do you need to spacer the rears to have the caps work? That > > would mean longer studs as well, eh? Fronts are fine. > > > > TIA, > > > > dylan > > > > yes ive used these before on a 2wd.. need to machine centers of wheel 2.5" > ID. centercaps dont fit. use 10mm spacer on fronts, no spacers needed on > rears. use longer porsche studs on rears if you want, and longer bolts on the > front. > i have pics. easy conversion. > chris >