Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:15:17 -0800
From:         Evan Mac Donald <macdonald1987@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bus story

The problem with that (fake puddles) would be that most of the folks who would try to steal one, would not know what the puddles were warning them of!

The closest to illegal thing that I have had happen to any of my vehicles, actually happened after I sold it. I had a Squareback, that was used as a getaway car in a convenience store robbery. The family joke was that the police probably caught them - on foot... LOL!

Just to show that crooks/theives and their brains are not always on speaking terms...

Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET> wrote: Remember the old novelty-store fake vomit made of realistic-looking rubbery stuff? Throwing down a fake puddle of oil, brake fluid and coolant under the engine before you walked away would do the trick for anybody who knew what a Vanagon was. You could probably even safely leave the keys it it. You could probably leave it running.

Jim

On Jan 23, 2007, at 4:52 PM, Sudhir Desai wrote:

> just take your engine with you wherever you go. :D (/sarcasm) > sudhir > > On 1/23/07, Jack R. wrote: >> Maybe a dumb questions... but are our vans that easy to steel? >> >> What security items are best and easiest to install? >> e.g Kill switch, don't repair a bad head gasket... haha! >> >> -----Original Message----- >> From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On >> Behalf Of >> Mike Miller >> Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:37 AM >> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >> Subject: Bus story >> >> Vanites, >> >> Story in today's San Francisco Chronicle about a couple who's >> completely >> restored westy bus was stolen. >> >> They put out posters, ads etc. and someone reported seeing it in >> Berkeley. >> They went there and found it! Called cops and the cops arrested >> the guy who >> got in it. >> >> So they got it back, felt that it was because the bus had good karma. >> >> Just thought you'd like to know. >> >> Mike >> No it wasn't me, I didn't steal it. >> >

Evan Mac Donald

(present) 1984 Wolfburg (Wolfie) 1985 GL 7 Pass. (Butternut) 1991 Carat Weekender (the Fridge) 1972 Chevy P/U (Sarah Beth II) 1993 Bonneville (the Ghost) 1994 Subaru Legacy wagon (the hearse) (past) 1976 type 2 (Marigold) 1970 type 2 (the blue bomb) 1968 Chevy P/U (Sarah Beth) 1977 Honda wagon (the Italian special) 1978 Honda wagon (the FIRST) 1978 Honda wagon (the SECOND) 1977 Honda Civic (the roller skate) 1976 type 1 (the bug)