Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:23:47 -0800
From:         dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Red Tornado Engine (ALT impoved bracket!)
Comments: To: Ben <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>

Ben, You have inspired me numerous times with your engine rebuilding and refining! Everytime I see one of you dressed up boxers I want to do the same. I have been pulling those motors and replacing with Subaru engines. I have so many good parts floating around my shop to make a couple complete wassers. Love the added color to the pipes and polished cases. Nice job! The next time I am up your way I would like to stop by your shop to check it out and meet you. I am in Hudson, NY 12534, about 5 and a half hours south. dylan ----- Original Message ---- From: Ben <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 11:08:23 AM Subject: Re: Red Tornado Engine (ALT impoved bracket!) Hi Ken To use the Europe/BB ECU, because i have tons of spare/new Digijet parts, not that much for Digifan. Because i like Digijet, i have way less problem then the Digifan, well at least for me! Because parts are expensive on Digifan (up here, at least 30% more), because the 2.1L exhaust system is almost twice the price, well up here at least. Because i like the 1.9L cooling system. Časy to bleed, easy to fix, less expensive. Because i have bleed over 50 vans last summer, all 1.9L were so easy, i had problems bleeding some 2.1L Because i'm too lasy to change the wiring :-) Why did i use a 2.1L engine... well, i have 9 sitting in the shop. Will it explode because i have no oil cooler! maybe.... like i told Denis, i did testing on many engines as to how hot they run core/oil wise, i did so much testing (mostly on Air-cooled) on Bus and Vanagon.... my goal was tu run a Air-Cool engine at 200-220F at 65mph and a head temp of 340F at the same speed, i have achived that, i tested 1.9L and 2.1L and the 1.9L runs just slightly higher without an oil cooler (about 10F), not much! Cheers, Ben Kenneth Lewis wrote: > Ben, > Why did you decide to use the 1.9L FI system? Ken Lewis > http://neksiwel.20m.com/ > > >