Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:05:37 +0000
From:         Dave Vickery <davevickery@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: No Clutch-Thankks

Thanks for all the replies on the clutch suddenly going to the floor.

The first thing I check was the brake fluid reservoir and there was fluid in there, so I was confused. It is way low down below the min line, but I assumed that it should still work. Someone said the "upper connection" goes to the clutch and the lower to the brakes, so maybe that is the explanation. I didn't check the brake pedal. After pumping the clutch last night, I noticed a new small spot in the center of the big spot under the clutch lever area at the transmission, so that confirms it is leaking from somewhere around there or above.

I know where to bleed the clutch at the rear of the van looking down on the engine compartment. That is the brake and clutch master cylinder right? I also see a plastic hose brake line going to a galvanized steel housing down at the bottom of the steering column. Is that the slave?

Sorry, never had to work on this before on a vanagon, so I'm not sure.

Thanks Dave

_________________________________________________________________ From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the Academy Awards® http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1