Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:27:56 -0800
From:         neil <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: For Aircooled crowd only...Revs to MPH + crusing spd
Comments: To: "Burdett, Jean-Pierre" <jp.burdett@spotwave.com>

This doesn't really directly answer your question, but.....

I rely on the sound (pitch) of engine. (Especially since repairing my odometer and it now reads 10-15 km too fast!)

In general I:

- don't lug it. - don't rev past red marks on speedo (if you got em, and if your speedo is correct!) - keep revs up especially on hills. This keeps cooling fan spinning at a more efficient rate. On long hills, I check the head temp gauge.

As for road speed, yes; not over 100-105 km/hr. Sure you can, and i have (though I didn't like the sound of things and frankly couldn't hear engine pitch with all the road noise) but why? I just "right lane it" when I can. I try not to be in a hurry. And I stay off major routes like I5 when possible.

Don't know if that helps, hopefully it shed some light!

Neil.

81 Westy AC

On 1/25/07, Burdett, Jean-Pierre <jp.burdett@spotwave.com> wrote: > So any aircooled guys out there who got the answer on what is the revs > at certain speeds please share it. I could not find anything definitive > on the archives... > > And from what Nathan said going over 105Kmh is just asking for trouble > regardless of head temp? I did a search on that and could not find much > for the aircooled crowd. > > Cheers > > > > > JP Burdett | Product Marketing Manager > Spotwave Wireless Inc.