Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:49:54 -0500
From:         Mary Creasy <mkc1@LOCALNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Drowning 85' vanagon

Brian, Had the same thing happen to me last summer. Towed the '85 home 10 miles and when we arrived in my drive, the entire engine was filled with gas. Air distributor, cylinders,crankcase, air filter. Mopped up and opened everything up for a solid week. Bought a new ECU from Ken@ Van-again, refilled the crankcase and cleaned out all our belongings and with multiple fire extinguishers at the ready, fired it up. She smoked like a cheech & chong routine but all was well. I would suspect the ECU even though. That's where the signal originates. Check the harness pins according to Bentley in case there is a short confusing the ECU to open the injectors full on.

Dave Creasy '78 Westy '85 Westy '93 EVMV 5sp. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian T." <nobleman1962@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 7:40 PM Subject: Drowning 85' vanagon