Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:20:56 EST
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Spring question - help needed
Comments: To: Fkc43@aol.com, vanagon@egroups.com, limbolist@egroups.com,
          The_Bug_Pack@yahoogroups.com

OK, remember the question I asked about the springs ? If not check the archives using the subject line of this message. Well, the job has been completed and I have put up a webpage, _Vanagon Westy Suspension, Steering, Brake Overhaul_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/springs.htm) , showing all the gory details of the complete renovation and POR-15ing of my Westys suspension, steering and brakes. I have also put up a page, _Vanagon Ride Height Survey_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/survey2.htm) , to make a survey of the ride height of Vanagons for future reference on this spring issue. What I can tell you now is that my Westy is at about the same ride height as it was before but is much stiffer and handles like new, well, I suppose, since I never got to drive a new one. It sure does not sway nor lean in corners and rides very smooth over rough surfaces. So, all the work to occupy my slow cold January days was well worth it. Now, the 1" difference in the springs I removed and the new BOGE springs from the Bus Depot is resolved. It seems for now the new springs even though shorter are stiffer and give the same ride height, draw your own conclusions. Another big job and more dollars invested in my Westy, see here, _1987 Westy Modifications & Improvements_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/mods.htm) , for the complete list. Maybe I send it the Barret Jackson auction and see if I can get more than $6000 (:-))

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 Westy, '90 Carat, '87 Wolfsburg (Forsale) & Lionel Trains (_Collection for sale_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/trainsal.htm) ) Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley _Frank Condelli & Associates_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html) _Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/stebro.htm) _BusFusion_ (http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm) a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 07 ~ 10, 2007