Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:24:44 -0800
From:         "Mike \"Rocket J Squirrel\" Elliott" <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ball joints, upper / lower
Comments: cc: Jim Akiba <syncrolist@bostig.com>,
          Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@optonline.net>

Forgot to mention: I live in Southern California, just north of San Diego, in a burg called Carlsbad.

If you've ever been to coastal SoCal you'll know that our house lots are barely larger than our houses. The driveway here, where Mellow Yellow is parked, is a short one, and sloped. The neighbors would probably not object to another Vanagon on the street, even with the top up, as a place to live as long as it doesn't stay there for more than a few days and I explained the deal to them beforehand, and maybe brought them some fruit baskets or something.

--

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR

On 1/26/2007 1:59 PM Jim Akiba wrote: > Mike, > > Where are you? Both Bradys and me are headed west in May for SDM07, if it's > on the way we could make some gas money and help you out. > > Jim Akiba > > -----Original Message----- > From: Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott [mailto:camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM] > Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 4:36 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: Ball joints, upper / lower > > Shucks, I'll pay $525 to anyone* that wants to come to my house and do > both sides, uppers and lowers, and check out the bushings and boots and > other bits on the front end. I plan to schedule this job in the late > spring, like first week o' June. > > *by "anyone" I mean anyone who knows WTF he's doing! > -- > > Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott > 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus > 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") > 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano > KG6RCR > > > > On 1/26/2007 1:13 PM brady horrace wrote: > >> WOW!!!!!! >> $525 a side!!! >> I'll Fly to your place from Boston and do the job in your driveway with my >> > tools for that much! > >> Thats a lot of money! >> I need to work at that shop. >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > ____________________________________________________________________________ > ________ > >> Get your own web address. >> Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business. >> http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL >> >> >> > >