Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:39:11 -0800
From:         Philip Zimmerman <philzimm1@OBERON.ARK.COM>
Subject:      Re: Spring question - help needed

On 1/26/07, Frank Condelli <RAlanen@aol.com> wrote:

> Vanagon Westy Suspension, Steering, Brake > Overhaul_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/springs.htm) , showing all the > gory > details of the complete renovation and POR-15ing of my Westys > suspension, > steering and brakes. I have also put up a page, _Vanagon Ride Height > Survey_ > (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/survey2.htm) , to make a survey of the > ride >height > of Vanagons for future reference on this spring issue.

Thanks for another photo trip through your garage Frank. Oh, and all the hard work you put into your ride.... Nice looking work! Gosh, I could eat-off your suspension parts. You been looking a Ben's work way-too much.... The parts-list alone is to choke-on. Geeze major $$ for parts alone (and wholesale).

The weather out here in la-la land... the "illiterate" West-Coast is finally drying out a bit. I will put-on my chest-wadders and slosh out to my Van and measure my wheel heights for your list.

As a suggestion. Perhaps measure from the centre of the wheel's "hub" to the Lower edge of the Wheel-Well. This will give all of us, weather running 14", 15", 16" or 17" wheels a measurement that has some level of continuity.... we can see how each of our Vans are either squatting/sagging or standing-tall independent of tire/wheel size. The ground to bottom of Wheel-Well measurement is still a useful figure though..... Geee shorty, my Van is taller than yours...Is not... is so, is not.... so there!

Again, thanks for a look at your fine work.... now go hug Rita..... 8-)

Regards Phil Z. '87 Westfaila Campbell River, BC