Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 27 Jan 2007 09:15:02 -0800
From:         Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      [NVC b JHC(m)] RE: Nonsense to super sense
Comments: To: jhecht@alum.mit.edu

No Vanagon Content but Joy Hecht Content (maybe)

Joy,

I would be the Rocket J Squirrel Mike, the one who wishes that Larry would post my picture already fer cryin' out loud, the one who took valuable minutes out of his life forever to describe the etymology of "d'oh" to you yesterday. While it was in its prime, I did watch The Simpsons -- as I might watch anything with even a vague whiff of subversiveness about it, thus my adopted nickname which goes back to my childhood appreciation of the Rocky and Bullwinkle show, it being the only show on TV when I was a tad that had anything resembling subversiveness unless you count some of the odder episodes of Leave It To Beaver -- but I do not go about peppering my language with Simpsonalia, I am NOT the Mike that messes with fiery objects; and, unlike that other Mike who may or may not beat his wife (despite your claims)*, Mrs Squirrel and I have a gentle, loving relationship.

But it's okay that you can't remember all that: it's a normal part of the aging process. Just enjoy your few remaining clear years, and when you reach the point where you can't remember where you were yesterday, or the faces of people who visit you, or forget to put your clothes on before taking a nice walk on the grounds, or recall the names of everyone's beloved and exceptional grandchildren . . . wait, I guess you're already there!

* For Humor Only. I reckon that Mike and Mary are at least as loving toward each other as are my wife and I.

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR

Joy Hecht typed: > Okay, guys, you're both named Mike, you're both those illegitimate > illiterates from the left coast, how am I supposed to keep track of who is > sending me which silly email???? And which of you is into pyrotechnics - or > is that both of you? And who watches the Simpsons and adopts their speech > patterns? > > Mike and Mary up in Houlton Maine are both really nice, and I know 'cause > I've met them. Camped at the house en route to Nova Scotia and > Newfoundland, too. Unfortunately I'm having a senior moment and can't > remember their last name, but their son (Mary's son, maybe?) and > daughter-in-law and grand-children are nice, too, not to mention the > daughter-in-law's mother. > > And they didn't pay me to say that. > > I haven't read Heidigger, Hulme (who's that?) or Jung. I did read some > Locke in a college "western civ" course, in fact I think it made an > impression on me. Or maybe that was Rousseau? Maybe I'm not just > pop-culturally illiterate, I'm totally illiterate! > > So now please just reply all for all further nonsense. I mean, if we're > going to send drivel around the internet, we might as well send it wider! > > Or will this make the clutter in my inbox even more confusing??? > > > > Joy > > > > :::-----Original Message----- > :::From: Mike Miller [mailto:mwmiller@cwnet.com] > :::Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 12:10 PM > :::To: jhecht@alum.mit.edu > :::Subject: Nonsense to super sense > ::: > :::Nope you got me. I hadn't remembered or never knew the West Side Story > :::line. > :::Poor me. > ::: > :::Cram is to pack tightly. Crom is the Jamaican version? Any way enough of > :::this. From now on only Heidegger, Locke, Hulme and Jung. > ::: > :::And Peanuts. > ::: > :::Mike > ::: > ::: > :::On 1/26/07 5:30 AM, "Joy Hecht" <jhecht@alum.mit.edu> wrote: > ::: > :::> AHA!!!! > :::> > :::> A cultural reference that someone else didn't get. Despite the hint, > :::about > :::> about musicals in summer camp in the 60s and 70s. > :::> > :::> But I shall enlighten you, rather than leaving you scratching your > :::head. > :::> "Hey, I'm depraved on accouna I'm deprived!" is a line from West Side > :::Story. > :::> > :::> But aside from the accent, and okay I get why the man is from Jamaica - > :::but > :::> packing things tightly? > :::> > :::> Sheesh, this is too convoluted. But at least I'm trying to reduce the > :::> number of emails. > > > :::-----Original Message----- > :::From: Michael Elliott [mailto:camping.elliott@gmail.com] > :::Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 1:16 AM > :::To: Joy Hecht > :::Subject: Re: Friday. So . . . bumper sticker Q? > ::: > ::: > :::Joy Hecht typed: > :::> And Mike and his wife are both really nice, too, so that's probably > :::true. > :::> > :::Exactly what he wants you to think. > ::: > :::-- > :::Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott > :::71 Type 2: the Wonderbus > :::84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") > :::74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano > :::KG6RCR > > >