Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:00:36 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: coolant in oil
Comments: To: Jason Willenbrock <pooncerelli@HOTMAIL.COM>

On the water boxer, coolant usually gets into the oil one of tow ways. The bottom of the cylinder liners or a head nut under the rocker arms is loose, improperly sealed, or the stud stretched or broke. Since you just installed the heads, I would look there. A failed oil cooler will usually result in oil getting into the coolant as 40 psi oil will go into the 14 psi cooling system easily.

Dennis