Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Jan 2007 22:48:35 -0800
From:         Blake Bilstad <bilstad@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: ALMOST passed inspection....3rd times the charm.

My Yokohamas did not last long for my '84 Westy. Tried them aout 8 years ago and regretted not getting the Michelins. Got a lot of side edge wear and they seemed narrow.

-Blake '84 Westy Wolfsburg 2.1

----Original Message Follows---- From: bob bob <heymrpep@YAHOO.COM> Reply-To: bob bob <heymrpep@YAHOO.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: ALMOST passed inspection....3rd times the charm. Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 05:26:47 -0800

i have always been extremely pleased with every yokohama tire i have ever owned, regardless of the vehicle, and always try to find them first, worth a little extra money as is often the case in ri compared to other brands...with that in mind, when my 84 westy needs new ones i am going to go with the yokies...never had any dryrot or other issues like i have had with michelines...

craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM> wrote: Thanks to the endless help of the list and the archives, all the various failing points have been resolved, and today we found out that it "passed, pending new tires" due to dryrot. I have the stock 14'' wheels, and am looking to buy either the Yokohama Y356 or the Continental Vanco 8 's from TireRack. Costwise, they're very similar and they both have similar specs. Reviews of both seem to indicate they're bad in the snow.....ok. So, which do people use? 185/OR14 D or 195/75R14D?

Anyone have a strong preferance?

-Craig '85GL Sunroof

--------------------------------- Never miss an email again! Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.