Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:16:34 -0800
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Camp stove input requested
Comments: To: Jim Felder <felder@knology.net>

What Tim Hannink would prefer us to call the Basic Camper, the Westy Weekender, has the poptop, a fold-out table, a different rear closet and a rear-facing seat with icebox beneath. It also came with a plug-in 12VDC fridge. The Wolfsburg version got you corduroy upholstery, two (2!) mudflaps and two beeyootiful Wolfsburg badges.

There is also the hardtop Weekender with full queen size rear lower bed , fold-out table and rear-facing seat.

Jake

On 1/30/07, Jim Felder <felder@knology.net> wrote: > > I think the model that's being referred to here--not having camping > equipment--is what is often called the "Weekender." It has a poptop, > but below that it is a standard Carat-outfitted van with full-width > back seat, and none of the camping stuff along the driver's side. It > had the Carat's table and fluorescent light, I think. They were > available for a number of years and in the Eurovan model as well. > > Jim > > On Jan 30, 2007, at 11:19 AM, Blake Bilstad wrote: > > > Just curious, but which years of the Wolfsburg did not have the stove? > > Doesn't "Westy" mean its got all the Westfalia camping equipment? > > I've got > > an '84 Wolfsburg Westy, and it has all of the camping equipment. I > > thought > > the only differences were that I got some sort of upgraded interior > > treatment package (the seats still look new, I tell you), the slide-in > > 2-passenger bench and, of course, that snazzy little badge on the > > front > > fender. ;^) > > > > Please advise, if you get the chance. > > > > -Blake > > '84 Westy Wolfsburg > > > > ----Original Message Follows---- > > From: joe trussell <vanagongl@HOTMAIL.COM> > > Reply-To: joe trussell <vanagongl@HOTMAIL.COM> > > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > Subject: Re: Camp stove input requested > > Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:06:04 +0000 > > > > Hi Larry, > > > > Because we have a Wolfsburg Westy (hence no Westy stove), we use a > > coleman > > 2-burner propane stove with electric ignition and it's worked > > flawlessly for > > four years now. I like the ignition--no need to mess around with > > matches or > > lighters, which was the case with my old coleman. > > > > It's compact, durable, and has cooked many delicious camp meals.... > > > > Joe T. > > > > > >> From: Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM> > >> Reply-To: Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM> > >> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >> Subject: Camp stove input requested > >> Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:39:23 -0700 > >> > >> Volks, > >> > >> I want to purchase a good camp stove. > >> > >> Objectives: > >> > >> - Two Burners > >> - Burners need to have good adjustment capability from slow simmer > >> to full > >> flame. > >> - At least one burner to be a minimum of 11K BTU output > >> - All weather temp and altitude up to 12,000 ft, capable > >> - Fairly Compact ... Not interested in super large free standing > >> "Camp > >> Chef" > >> or "Rocky Mountain Range" types. > >> - Fuel type doesn't matter (Propane or White Gas OK) > >> > >> Seems the hardest objective is the burner adjustment capability. > >> > >> Although all stove claim to be fully adjustable, very few seem to > >> hold a > >> steady flame at the low end. > >> > >> Here's the stoves I'm currently looking at. > >> > >> http://www.roadhaus.com/camp-stove.html > >> > >> Are there others I should consider? > >> > >> Please share your experiences and recommendations. > >> > >> I'll summarize and publish the results. > >> > >> > >> larry chase > >> www.roadhaus.com > > > > _________________________________________________________________ > > Search for grocery stores. Find gratitude. Turn a simple search into > > something more. > > http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx? > > source=hmemtagline_gratitude&FORM=WLMTAG > > >

-- Jake 1984 Vanagon GL 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie" www.crescentbeachguitar.com