Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:25:27 -0800
From:         Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ball joints, upper / lower
Comments: To: Mark Drillock <drillock@earthlink.net>

Aw, shoot. I had a feeling that I confused you with another listee!

How come you haven't sent a picture of your smiling face to the VW Facebook?

By the way, the current nominee for coolest outfit goes to Chris Snyder, for Best Upright Bass to Bryan Feddish, Best Conga Drums to Matt Drew, Best Electric Bass to Jeff Lincoln, Longest Beard to Bill Barley, Most Eatin'est Guy to Sudhir Desai, Best Tie Dye t-shirt is, uh, tied between Ed Duntz, me, Bev Beam, Rick Golen, & Keagan Dews; Best Hair to Brady Horrace, Creepiest Costume to Randy Bergum, for Most Fire to Gary Watts, and Smallest Van to Doug. Robert Floyd gets an Honorable Mention just for wearing a tie.

Did I miss any nominees or categories?

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR

Mark Drillock typed: > Mike, you may not know it was me but you met me a few years ago when I > came to get some free wheels you offered to the list. They were for > another list member whose Westy was vandalized while he was serving > overseas. His family badly needed to move it but couldn't with slashed > tires. > > Mark > > > Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott wrote: >> Hey Ben, >> >> Here's the thing about Mark Drillock. The man lives about 4 miles from >> me. And yet I've never met him. On a couple of occasions, I was meant to >> drop by his house and pick up some freebie part he was kind enough to >> offer me, and something else cropped up so I couldn't make it. >> >> Oh well, another time! >> ................. >> >> >> >> On 1/27/2007 12:49 PM Benny boy wrote: >> >>> """Forgot to mention: I live in Southern California, just north of San >>> Diego, in a burg called Carlsbad.""" >>> >>> Men i love that spot, i like the state park along the ocean! >>> http://www.benplace.com/baja/calif007.jpg >>> >>> I met Mark Drillock wile there a few years ago... he was just >>> walking in the >>> park and saw me... "Hey, are you Ben from the mailing list"... he >>> help me >>> find parts and change them! >>> >>> ................... >