Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:58:44 -0800
From:         Zoltan <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Abuse its not, by a member, Sam
Comments: To: Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>

I do understand this feeling. I received similar harsh, reprimands from Sam, requiring me to dig into the archives, which he knows how to find and how to operate to his benefit. I have been on this list for a long time and still have trouble to find "archives", which you can not find with logic and it is more than one step of process. And the archives is a place where you spend time, reread posts, read about different answers under the same name, running in circles, instead of reading the finish and correct answer somewhere. The archive is a history of our postings and is not necessarily offering help, unless you find one posting that has the correct answer in it. Good luck. Sam is a great guy, I'm sure. Just maybe not real understanding or tolerant when it comes to asking questions about things that he has seen a hundred times. Which is new to someone who was not on this list for as long as he is. He may not be patient with others in his life either. It is common with people with very high IQ, just as we would not like to be asked by grown ups how to tighten your shoes, several times a day. If there was a site where you can find all the best solutions to all the problems we have encountered, If the present archive on the vanagon.com site was under "archives" to be able to find, then I would also direct the traffic to that place. I think, it is time to collect the best answers to all our problems and put it together. Some guys already have most answers collected for themselves. So, it may not be all that big a deal eventually. I hope, Sams 'abuse' will not be looked at like we look at abuse normally. He is more of an educator, than one who is looking for an outlet for his anger. And he maybe just too old now to change. I'm sure, most of us who have been on this list many years, have gotten some similar reprimands from him. Getting scolded for your inefficiencies for the sake of looking for ways to get better, is one way of pushing you ahead. Maybe not the nicest way, but that what he got when he was young and worked on him. A hundred year ago, they thought hitting you will help too. And it did, only it was not nice to do. I forgive Sam. Sam knows Sam too. He will choose his wording better in time, against his nature. Sam, thanks for all the help on the list. Being abrasive is not the fashion anymore today. We are living in a little bit of a sissy time with a lot of feminine touch and governance. Our Vanagons are manly and require a lot of problem solving, that we like to test our abilities. Those who are not naturally in that class, will have a hard time not only on the list but anywhere where this kind of testing required. Your post will make Sam being Sam, and with that I will loose the Sam I know. How about us working on a well organized list of the solutions? Is there one who knows how to put a site like that together where the input can be inserted by one who would manage that. Sorry guys, I did not mean to be this long. In hope of getting something out of a problem solved. Zoltan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Gronski" <gronski@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 8:34 AM Subject: Re: Abuse by a member