Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:36:49 -0500
From:         Woody Halsey <WHalsey@SYA.ORG>
Subject:      Re: buy a daily driver or press the syncro into service?
Comments: To: Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>

It always fries me that you pay for the number of cars, not the number of miles you drive. My wife and I can't drive three cars at once!

Woody

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Felder [mailto:felder@KNOLOGY.NET] Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 12:31 PM To: Woody Halsey Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: buy a daily driver or press the syncro into service?

When I used Allstate for insurance, they had some complicated scenario where you could insure for part of the year and not for some other part of the year. Since ice and snow are not an issue around here except rarely, there was never a reason not to drive either of the vanagons because it was "put away" for the winter. So, I ended up wanting to drive the camper when I was working on the Carat, and vice versa, or for some other reason. So that arrangement didn't work out for me as it might for others. I solved the problem (sort of) by switching to Geico, saving so much money that it didn't really matter. All that being said, I'm still paying to insure a third car, so I could save $240 a year by dropping one or the other, but the convenience of having a spare car when you only drive vanagons and the savings of driving the diesel over the waterboxer seems worth it to me.

Jim